Wednesday 26 June 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: BritMums Live

On Friday morning at 4am UK time we left Spain and then I flew straight to Ayrshire and then drove up to Glasgow to fly to London for BritMums Live! I was exhausted to say the least but I had an amazing time. Since I was travelling all day and schlepping from Gatwick into town I arrived in what I flew in (jeans and a tee). The lovely people at TK Maxx offered to dress all of us Best Style blog finalists so I changed before the BiBs in the evening; super sweet Chelsea from Ms. Mummy of Two let fellow finalist Liz from Baby Wears Prada and I get all dolled up in her room before the awards started.

Karen Millen Metallic Dress

Silver Metallic Dress

Blonde Redhead Kitty Cat Ears
Liz and I

Women Awards Ceremony
Photo stolen from the lovely HonestMum
Jacqui, Mirka, Jen, Uju & I


Metallic Dress- TK Maxx
Ankle Boots-New Look
Kitty Ears- Accessorize

I'm a huge fan of the current summer trend for metallics so I grabbed this metallic dress the second I saw it at TK Maxx. I know you're thinking---umm WTF is with the cat ears? Well when Liz won the Best Fashion award at The Mads last year she had some super cute kitty cat ears so we decided to rock them again for the BiBs. If you can't wear cat ears to an awards ceremony when can you? You can't tell but the top half of the dress was see-through at the back something I didn't think I'd be comfortable with but am glad I faced my fear!

The next day I was speaking during one of the sessions and again was lucky enough to have an outfit sent to me by the fab team at Secret Sales. I knew I wanted to be comfortable since I was speaking and since I'd be on my feet all day and I absolutely LOVE the look that they helped me come up with for the day.




Leopard Tank Top- Zara
The Flirt Skinny Jean- Old Navy
Leopard Heels- Dune via TK Maxx
Braided Bead Bracelet-Bijou Brigitte 

OMG I love this top SO much. I didn't realize it had tiny silver skulls on it until it arrived and I literally squealed outloud when I opened the package! Secret Sales originally sent me a maxi skirt to wear with it but I felt it made the look a bit to blah so I changed it up with skinny jeans and leopard heels. While we were in Spain I got a leopard tank to wear underneath and peek through the rips and this awesome bracelet. I love that neon is on trend again and I feel like these beads, braided is a funky twist and a pop of colour. I felt super comfortable and confidant all day and love how it all came together.

I'm so grateful for Sodastream sponsoring me to attend and TK Maxx and Secret Sales helping be look stylish while there! I never would have worn a sheer backed dress or a ripped top before but I'm so glad I did. Are there any styles you've been reluctant to try but then loved?



Let's be friends! Find me here:

45 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! That beaded bracelet is so pretty too :)

Melaina25 said...

That sounds like such a fun time! And you look so gorgeous and SO happy!!!

Melaina25 said...

I've read so many Britmum posts and I am jealous. Looks like so much fun and great to be recognized for your blog. You looked great.

Melaina25 said...

The cat ears are cute and I like the leopard shoes! Glad you had a great time. :-)


Mo

Melaina25 said...

Oh my goodness, those ears are absolutely fabulous as is the whole outfit! Despite all the travelling, you look really fresh and relaxed (and happy!). And those leopard heels...my guilty pleasure! Gutted I missed it as we were away. Hopefully next year. x

Melaina25 said...

Love the little leopard heels! So classy and cute :)

Melaina25 said...

How fun is that metallic dress!! What a super fun event...

Melaina25 said...

That's such a great look for the day - comfortable but so stylish! I adore those leopard shoes too!!! Thank you for hosting this link up :)

Melaina25 said...

That's a great metallic skirt...and love the leopard print shoes.

Melaina25 said...

Great metallic dress, and gorgeous you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Melaina25 said...

I've been dying to see this post! Your dress for the BiBs was just gorgeous I love it. And good choice with the skinnies with that amazing top on the Saturday the hint of leopard makes it such an awesome outfit. I'm so glad you had a good weekend and I hear that Feminist Friday is set to make a comeback too? Yay! Oh and I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday x

Melaina25 said...

Love both your provided outfits, looks like you had such a fun time! :) Linked up with the linky too, thank you :)

Away From Blue

Melaina25 said...

I just love the kitty ears!! Am having a major love affair for hair bling right now, plus leopard print always rocks. You look lovely. Linked up with my 2 different blogs with 2 different outfits - date night and supermarket style! Have a great week, and happy belated birthday too!

Melaina25 said...

Those are some gorgeous outfits. Loving the kitten ears. And guess what I've even linked up x

Melaina25 said...

You looked wonderful! Neon is my afraid to try - I just never seem to get the right balance and it just seems boring to wear it with all black. Maybe I need some accessories like you :)

Melaina25 said...

I love the cat ears! It was an awards show. You had to go big or go home!
Tara
Penniless Socialite
June Group Giveaway!

Melaina25 said...

You look great, pretty lady!!

Melaina25 said...

Oh! I love that beaded bracelet! It's so fun and bright!
~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

Melaina25 said...

Love that you rocked cat ears! Too fun!!


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

Love the top! looks like you had such a good time!

Melaina25 said...

Looks like a super fun time. I love metallics for Spring/Summer/Whenever as well. The cat ears are just everything.

Melaina25 said...

It's the animal print specifically leopard or cheetah! lol! I'm always scared to try but zebra was fine (which is weird). I really like your shoes though...Btw, the event looks like fun! You are definitely rocking the night. :)



Kaye
http://stylekikay.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

How fun! Looks like you had a good time. I for one like the cat ears. :-D

Melaina25 said...

Of course

Melaina25 said...

Thanks I saw it in the shop and had to get it!

Melaina25 said...

LOL. You did, huh?

Melaina25 said...

Looking fab. I particularly love those animal print heels! I am linking up with WIWW for the first time today! Hannah x

Melaina25 said...

I LOVE that bracelet so much!

Melaina25 said...

Wow you have been really busy!! Hope you had an amazing time at britmums - I really wanted to go but just missed out on a ticket, Love your dress and cat ears :)
You look fab!!
Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com

Melaina25 said...

I love the skull top and your leopard shoes! So cute. And the cat ears are adorable. Me-ow!

Melaina25 said...

Love that bright bracelet!

Melaina25 said...

After seeing you in real life at the weekend I really wanted to link up to this for the first time, but time ran away with me this week, hopefully next week. I love the ears and those shoes :-)

Melaina25 said...

The link is open until Wednesday but happy to have you next week too :) I totally meant to get Feminist Friday back up but umm yea it totally didn't happen!

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! I managed to break the clasp so need to try and fix it asap :)

Melaina25 said...

I never would have worn something like this but Secret Sales inspired me!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Laura it has been a crazy few weeks!

Melaina25 said...

If you go to the website there is a similar one in blue shades of beads x

Melaina25 said...

I'm a sucker for leopard! Look forward to reading your post :)

Melaina25 said...

I have no idea how you do half the stuff you do as it is! Hats off to you lady ;-)

Melaina25 said...

Ooo, a cat ear headband. ALWAYS a good choice!!
xo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny
win an Urban Decay Naked Palette

Melaina25 said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for hosting the link up!

Melaina25 said...

Amazing pics! So fabulous:)

bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

Melaina25 said...

I seriously should not be allowed within 5 feet of a Claire's---I have the taste of a 6 year old sometimes!

Melaina25 said...

It was a great weekend!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks!