Friday 20 April 2012

I Hate Captcha aka 1-2-3 Tutorial to Turn Captcha Off

I always make a concerted effort to comment on every post that links up to What I Wore each week. I love doing it but I hate, hate, HATE Captcha. What's Captcha? It is that pain in the arse word verification thingy that is meant to stop spammers but really just annoys the shit out of everyone. 


Captcha is now on as default on new Blogger/Blogspot so a lot of bloggers don't even know they have it turned on or that it is annoying everyone (who does it not annoy?).


So here my friends is the world's easiest tutorial on how to turn word verification off on your Blogger/Blogspot Blog. Three Simple Steps:


turn off captcha
Click to enlarge
1) Go to Posts & Comments under Settings on your Blogger/Blogspot Dashboard
2) Choose "No" under Show Word Verification
3) Save Settings


See? It was easy right? Barely qualifies as a tutorial :)


So make it easier for your readers to comment on your blog and please turn off word verification. Blogger already streams off spam comments for captcha really doesn't' do anything other than annoy us all. Pinky swear!

26 comments:

Scottishmum said...

Captchas really are sooo irritating when you are tying to leave comments to people.  Wish more people would turn the off.

Jessica said...

Agree. Makes it nearly impossible when commenting from my iPhone.

Miss Brassique said...

Thank you - have done this on my Blog and Brassique's...they drive me up the wall!  That's two Blogs anti-Captcha'd thanks to your Post! Now following you too : D x

Nickie said...

Thank god! I'm glad people are finally speaking up about Captcha.  Hate, hate, hate it!!

Michelle Twin Mum said...

Yay, every week I moan about this when I comment on the posts in my linky, glad you went a step further and showed people how to get rid of it!  Mich x

Melaina25 said...

Feel free to link to it in your linky lol :)

Emily said...

This is a must, must, must do for all Blogger bloggers.

Catherine0805 said...

I love that you have done a post on this. but it is perfect, many don't realise that it is on. I didn't and was really quite embarrassed as I always go on about how awful it is lol. x

Melaina25 said...

I figure it was time for me to stop saying I hate it and do something! Like you said most people don't even know they have it on so best to educate ;)

Kat said...

Thank you!!!! You're my hero :) will be shouting this from the rooftops xx

Melaina25 said...

Feel free to shout, RT, link whatever you like! I think most people don't even know they have it on!

Mary said...

Could not agree more--please tell the world!

María José Ovalle said...

I LOATHE it. I know lots of bloggers who have it and it's just too much. Please turn off 

Alex said...

I flippin hate it as well!!! It drives me batty... turned it off ages ago. PLEASE TURN IT OFF EVERYONE!!! 

Cassidyastanley said...

Ah thanks for bringing up that to my attention! Just turned my off thanks to you :)

Suzanne Whitton said...

Came across it yesterday.....so easy!  Thank you :)

Claireomara said...

Hi thanks for this I hate them too,sometimes I spend ages trying to comment on a blog post and I have even gave up before,I hope next week you can tell me if it work cos I didn't know it was there :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank yoooou! Didn't even know what Captcha was but it has stopped me commenting loads of times. Off to turn it off now x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for the comment! I have been meaning to fix that because I have had several people tell me they couldn't comment on my blog from an iphone. Thought maybe that's why? Not sure though, but I'm going to turn it off anyway, because you're right, it's annoying!
Tiffany

Melaina25 said...

Omdz, thank you! And Thank you for the comment!!

mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

Melaina25 said...

You're welcome! I think a lot of people don't realize they have it turned on!

Melaina25 said...

I agree! I tend to comment with a link to this post now :)

Melaina25 said...

Can you imagine if you have any literacy issues?

Melaina25 said...

Hooray! Happy to have helped :)

Melaina25 said...

Hopefully that has sorted it for you!

Melaina25 said...

I think most people don't realize they have it turned on! I tend to comment with a link to this lol