Friday 24 December 2010

Frohe Weihnachten Kleiner Junge

Blondie Boy and I were super lucky to be able to go and visit his Tante Nadine in Köln Sunday-Wednesday two week ago. Nadine was an exchange student who lived with us for a year when I was 12 in Cincinnati and then I went and lived with her family for a month.

This was my fifth trip to Germany, but Blondie Boy's first and I think he really had a good time. Travelling alone with an 11 month old (NBH stayed at home) wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be luckily and the fact that Blondie Boy befriends every security person/flight attendant/fellow passenger he smiles at didn't hurt either!
We visited tons, seriously tons, of Christmas markets and after a surprise dump of snow Monday night, I pushed a stroller through the snow for the first time. I really love Köln and I'm glad I got to share it with Blondie Boy even if we really did miss NotBlondeHusband.

We ate great brötchen and cheese (why is it that bread is SO much better on the continent?) and even had sushi for lunch one day; well Nadine and I had sushi and BB had a ham and cheese sandwich.

I know Blondie Boy probably won't remember our trip so I made sure to take lots and lots of pictures!



Köln 12/2010

No comments: