Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentine's Day

Did you know you are only supposed to ask for St. Valentine's help if you already have a lover? If you are single tough crap, ask St. Raphael. Since I'm married, it's all good for us to celebrate Valentine's Day.

I was going to surprise NBH tomorrow and take him to see Russell Brand, but the libidinous Brand cancelled all his dates this weekend, so we won't be seeing him until April and it won't be a surprise.

NBH, however, did not disappoint and made me a 3 course dinner of his own design:

Starter
Red Onion and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Caramelized Red Onion and Goats Cheese Bruschetta


Main

Steak with Honey Mustard Sauce
Steak with Honey Mustard Sauce, Cauliflower with Cheese and Boursin Mashed Potatoes


Dessert


Chocolate and Mascarpone Pots

He made up all the recipes himself, with the exception of dessert, which was . It was all really tasty and I can't wait to have the carmelized onions again maybe on salad or with pate.

I ♥ my husband!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! Colin did an awesome job!!

MSC said...

Whoohoo! Looks like an amazing dinner--will you be mailing my leftovers or should I swing by to pick them up?

Sabrina said...

Oooh yum! Looks like a nice Valentine's Day all around. And I definitely want to try that Bruschetta.

JoernandAllison said...

Awww, what a sweet guy! Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's day.