Monday 10 November 2008

Make-up Snob

I am a self-proclaimed make-up snob. I like the good stuff, we're talking YSL, Dior, MAC, etc. I don't do Maybelline or Cover Girl, sorry Tyra. I had been a convert to Fiberwig mascara or as it calls itself "paint on false lashes." It was amazing, but we don't have Sephora here, Emma chomped on my mascara so it dried/ran out quicker and I'm impatient.

So I went back to my old standby Dior Show.



Now since Dior and I were last friends, there has been several new DiorShow mascaras produced. I went to the John Lewis counter by my work and the lovely woman suggested DiorShow Blackout. Not only does it give you voluminous dark lashes, but it has kohl to rim the roots of lashes to create a lined effect. SOLD. I love me some black eyeliner, so this 2-in-1 was for me. She also advised me that waterproof mascara has fibers in it that can irate contact wearers. Normally I'd go for the waterproof, but I've decided to follow her advice. Oh and the non-waterproof came in a really cute gift bag with a free smoky eyes kit and pouch. SCORE!


PS: In other random news, the front page of the John Lewis website is advertising the "Fur Real Smores Pony" which can be yours for the bargain price of £225. I'm sorry but if you are going to spend that much money on a small child, you could book them riding lessons on a real pony. Rant over....

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm snobby about makeup as well...

Just so you know, Sephora is having a friends and family discount of 20% through today with FF2008. Maybe you'll want to order some and enjoy the exchange rate coupled with a nice discount.

Aviva Events said...

were you inspired to write this by nance's mascara post?

Melaina25 said...

Honestly, I don't have Nance in my google reader (I do now!) so I didn't see her post. I know she's all about mass-market mascaras though with the amount she goes through...