Saturday 26 July 2008

I've resigned!

On Wednesday I resigned from my position with the NHS as I've been offered a new job! I will come back and work the last week in August after the wedding/honeymoon so I can get all of my holiday entitlement for August, but I will still end up owing back 8 days.

In September I will start by new job as Project Officer with Alcohol Focus Scotland. It's a Comic Relief funded project until 2011 to:


  1. develop a strong and vibrant national network of professionals who work to reduce harm to children and young people from alcohol misuse.

  2. facilitate via the network the sharing of good practice, the development of policies and services where appropriate and to raise awareness of the issues affecting children and young people in relation to alcohol misuse at regional and national levels using a variety of methods.

It's a really big step up both in responsibility and money and I'm really excited about it. And my office will be on Buchanan Street, which is smack dab in the city centre! I've never worked in the city centre of Glasgow; the Red Cross was based out in an industrial estate in Hillington and the East Health Improvement Team was in the most deprived area of Glasgow. No more chippies and snack vans for me-- I could actually have sushi for lunch again, YUM!

3 comments:

andrea said...

congrats, i am so glad you got the job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Mary said...

Congrats on the new job! And yay for more money!